Tuesday 23 April 2013

Computers are fun!

What a wonderful privilege it is to live in the computer age. I really find it annoying when I get emails with people who are nostalgic about the 50's and 60's. All I can think is they have forgotten or they have not embraced this amazing and wonderful era in which we live. It is interesting that computer literacy is now being measured as a literacy and people who can't use computers are deemed to be challenged. 

Last night our connection to the outside world went down and it was interesting to see each member of our family being affected by it. My husband was the hero and reconnected us to the world. It was not only the computers that had to be attached, but also the printers, tablets, cell phones, televisions, satellite link and set top boxes.

Once we were connected I quickly attached to work to see how the afternoon run went and then fluttered around face book and was exposed to all the pretty things that I see there every day. My daughter who is on holiday in Mauritius let us know how here vacation was going, describing swimming with dolphins and eating interesting things. I then saw it was Earth day so obviously I had to steal a picture and post about it on face book and do a blog entry about it. How much fun is that.

I started writing computer programs in 1978 and if you had told me then that computers would one day be fun I would not have believed you, but see,  something that was one of the inner rings of hell has turned out to be pretty darn fine.



I don't think that everything is sunshine and roses on places like face book where you get groups that are normally run by the most psychotic of women who do a mixture of simpering, prayer and downright bullying, but like everything else it is easy to solved by a quick click of an  unfriend button. In fact this is why I have created this blog page, so that I can vent on, in an area where people really do not need to read my prose. In fact you can just look at the pictures and click the next blog button and see who else has given an opinion on almost anything that the human mind can think of.

I will also end with a cat meme, as what is the internet without cats.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment